Happy Holidays from Brezden Pest Control. We would like to take this opportunity to extend a note of thanks to our hard working staff and loyal customers. We are looking forward to a prosperous 2016. 2016. This year marks our 35th year in business protecting the residents of San Luis Obispo county from bothersome pests in their homes and offices. We’ve come a long way from a two-person crew operating out of a garage in Cayucos, CA. We’re proud to
have be recognized by Angie’s List as a Super Service Award winner in our category. It is with genuine appreciation that we recognize the contribution of our clients’ support and loyalty in making this possible.
The holiday season is upon us and as you deck the halls you may want to keep in mind these tips to keep holiday pests at bay:
- Inspect all decorations: Holiday decorations are most often tucked away in the darkest recesses of our homes, just the type of places that creepy crawlies and critters like to set up shop. Unfortunately, the process of unpacking decorations from storage can end up disturbing and disbursing them to more populated areas of the home. There are a few home pest control precautions you can take to minimize spreading unwanted guests about the house. Take all boxes and storage containers directly outside before opening and be sure to inspect all decorations thoroughly for any indication of pest infestation. Look for cobwebs and droppings and dispose of immediately. Also check for teeth marks, particularly on electrical wires where safety is an issue. When decorating with live foliage be sure to check for any stowaways and remove them before bringing into the home.
- Pest-proof your home: Don’t make it easy for pests to get into your home this holiday season. Check all possible points of entry and make any necessary repairs. Inspect doors, windows and screens to ensure all seals are secure. Apply caulking or install weather stripping if needed. Look for gaps at the site of any plumbing, electrical or cable installations and caulk or seal as needed.
- Holiday cleaning: Giving your home a thorough cleaning this holiday season serves a bigger purpose that just to impress company; it is also an integral step in keeping pests at bay. Make sure not to leave food lying about, always use proper storage methods and airtight containers. Dispose of all expired foods and clean all spills and messes as they happen. Regular vacuuming and trash removal will also help to make your house less hospitable to bugs and rodents.
- Proper storage of decorations: Don’t invite trouble into your home! When the holidays are over make sure your decorations are packaged and stored correctly. Don’t leave holiday items loose or use plastic bags and cardboard boxes to store them. It pays to invest in sturdy storage bins with tight fitting lids. This will keep pests out and deter them from making their home in your holiday decor.
- Seek professional help: Give yourself the gift of peace of mind this holiday season by calling a local pest control company like Brezden Pest Control.. We will inspect your home in order to identify and eliminate unwanted holiday pests. We will eradicate any existing pests and help you prevent reinfestation. We offer same day service Monday – Friday and emergency service is available over the holidays. Contact us for a free estimate today.
Call us at 805-544-9446 and request a free estimate for our state-of-the-art pest control services.
John & Maria Brezden
Holiday Pest Control Q&A: Here are common questions our customers ask this time of year.
Q: Is a bug infestation detrimental to the health of my family?
A: There are definitely health risks associated with insect infestations in the home. Many people have sensitivities to insect droppings and saliva. This can lead to significant respiratory issues when high levels are present in your home. There is also a risk of disease causing bacteria being spread to food and household surfaces. Contact Brezden Pest Control for your free estimate and enjoy good health and peace of mind this holiday season.
Q: How do you treat a termite infestation?
A: We offer a multi-step approach to termite control beginning with an thorough inspection of both the interior and exterior of your home. There are several treatment options available including subterranean termite control and we are also able to assist you with all necessary repairs.
Check out these fun Christmas events in San Luis Obispo county:
CHRISTMAS DINNER AT MADONNA INN: Dec. 25th – Enjoy a special holiday menu including Roast Tom Turkey, Roast Duck, Honey Baked Ham, in addition to classic menu offerings such as Filet Mignon, Broiled Australian Lobster, and Swordfish. Live music and holiday shopping completes this day of celebration and merriment. Call 805-543-3000 for reservations.
CHRISTMAS DAY BUFFET AT THE PASO ROBLES INN STEAKHOUSE: Dec. 25th – Enjoy Christmas Day at the Paso Robles Inn Steakhouse. Served in the Grand Ballroom and the Steakhouse Dining Room, the Christmas Buffet features a variety of starters, sides, a carving station, and of course a dessert station. Reservations are highly recommended. Call (805)226-4925 for reservations.
36TH ANNUAL CAYUCOS POLAR BEAR DIP: Jan. 1st, 2016 – The 36th Annual Carlin Soule’ Memorial Polar Bear Dip is not to be missed! Come take a dip in the Pacific Ocean, right next to the Cayucos Pier, with hundreds of others! Festivities will start at 9:30 a.m. and the dip is at noon. Need a place to stay? Consider booking a room at the Seaside Motel – great rates!
About Brezden Pest Control – Brezden Pest Control was founded in Cayucos by John and Maria Brezden in 1980. As the business grew, it expanded to serve all of San Luis Obispo, Paso Robles, Los Osos, Cayucos, Cambria, Five Cities, Atascadero and Santa Maria. Professional pest control services which Brezden provides include dead animal removal, pest inspection, rodent control, and termite treatment. Visit the website and Facebook page or call 805-544-9446 for a free estimate or copy of the “Top 10 Reasons Customers Choose Brezden Pest Control.”