Eek! Mice Have Infested Your Home – Now What?
Some people think they’re cute and furry, but a mouse infestation can pose serious health risks to humans in your home or commercial space. These rodents may carry viruses, bacteria or other diseases that can be harmful to you and your pets. One particularly nasty virus mice and rats may carry is hantavirus. This virus can be transmitted through airborne particles and can be fatal to humans. Hantavirus can be difficult to diagnose because its symptoms match those of the common flu.
The first thing you should do when you experience any type of mouse infestation is call Brezden Pest Control at 800-464-9446 for a free estimate of what it will take to have our rodent control and exclusion services in your home. If you try to remove the pests yourself, you need to be very careful. Here are some tips from the rodent control professionals at Brezden:
1. Never disturb rodent feces or dust particles, as this may release harmful particles into the air. It is never a good idea to try to vacuum or sweep these items either, as that could further spread contamination around your home.
2. Carefully pick up and dispose of any mouse droppings using only sturdy, nonabsorbent gloves so your hands do not come into contact with them. Only wear old clothing that can be thrown away because it may have absorbed harmful particles. Wear a mask if possible.
3. After removal and disposal of the feces, thoroughly disinfect all surfaces that have come into contact with the mice or their excrement. Discard any gloves, towels or cloths you used to clean affected surfaces.
4. All contaminated items should be placed into securely sealed trash bags and double bagged.
5. Thoroughly wash your hands several times after disposing of all items.
6. Let the affected area dry completely before returning to normal use.
The professionals at Brezden Pest Control have been protecting homes in San Luis Obispo and Paso Robles from pests since 1980. Trust your family to the experts and contact us any time you suspect that mice have infiltrated your home. Same day service is available Monday through Friday, with emergency services on weekends and holidays. Our work is guaranteed!
The pest control specialists at Brezden are committed to providing as much information about pests as possible, both in-person and on our website. Don’t let a mice infestation put your family’s health at risk. Call us now for a free estimate, and let Brezden put your mind at ease.
About Brezden Pest Control – Brezden Pest Control was founded in Cayucos by John and Maria Brezden in 1980. As the business grew, it expanded to serve all of San Luis Obispo, Paso Robles, Los Osos, Cayucos, Cambria, Five Cities, Atascadero and Santa Maria. Professional pest control services which Brezden provides include dead animal removal, pest inspection, rodent control, and termite treatment. Visit the website and Facebook page or call 1-800-464-9446 for a free estimate or advice on pest control.