While we don’t experience bone-chilling cold in California, don’t ease up on your home pest control precautions. As your local pest control company, Brezden reminds customers that pests don’t take a break. That’s why we’re providing this list of the Top 10 Reasons to pest proof your home this winter:
- They Aren’t “Sleeping”: Many pests like spiders, roaches, ants, and mice remain active throughout the year. Guess whose home they’ll visit if you haven’t had a pest inspection and treatment lately!
- It Could Keep Your House Warmer: The latest development in home improvement is insulation that doubles as pest control. Thermal Acoustic Pest Control Insulation (TAP) is applied behind walls and in attics. TAP is the only product labeled by the EPA to control insects that also bears an Energy Star label!
- Even Though You Can’t See Any Pests, They May Still Be in Your Home: Many household pests are masters of deception. Homeowners may be unaware of their existence until there is a problem. Prevention and early treatment are the best deterrents to a pest infestation.
- It’s One Less Thing to Remember in the Spring: You may be too busy doing yard work or having fun outdoors to remember to schedule a pest control treatment. With a maintenance agreement, we automatically provide a treatment for your home or office on a regular basis.
- Weather Patterns May Have Increased Your Infestation Chances: Depending on where you live, you may have experienced torrential rains lately. Standing water, leaking basements, or wood and drywall that have been soaked can be inviting targets for some pests. Let us perform a termite treatment or check out those soggy areas to determine if any opportunity seekers have moved in.
- An Animal May Have Died in or Near Your Home: Sometimes an animal that is near death looks for a cozy nest for its final resting place. As the weather warms up, you may be subjected to a nasty smell, flies, or other nosy critters looking for food. Call us for dead animal removal and let us take care of it for you.
- They May Be Hungry: Ants, birds, rats and bats may have a harder time finding food during the winter. Your home may offer some tempting morsels.
- Once a Mouse Moves In, It Usually Brings a Family Along: Because mice are so small, they can easily enter your home. The best way to keep them from moving in with family and friends is to let us look for and treat all potential mouse entranceways.
- Norway Rats Aren’t Just in Norway: These large rats may be found in basements and sewers, or they might invade garbage cans near homes. They may stay in an attic to escape the cold, or to nest and raise their young.
- It’s Healthier for Your Family: Many pests carry different types of diseases, or they can be allergens for certain family members. Protect your family by eradicating the pests from your home.
With our full range of pest and rodent control solutions Brezden Pest Control assures customers of the most efficient, friendly, and effective home and commercial pest control services in San Luis Obispo County.
About Brezden Pest Control: Brezden Pest Control provides a wide variety of services including ant control, bird control, and rodent control. Visit the website at https://www.brezdenpest.com to make an appointment online. “Like” the Facebook page to receive information on pest inspection, dead animal removal, termite treatment, and rat control. Call 1-800-464-9446 for a complimentary estimate.